Thursday, 30 August 2012

My New Compact Finsbury

I finally have my new compact Finsbury that I purchased last week from City Organiser in my grubby little hands, and I have to say it's a beauty! The plan is to set this binder up as a "holiday binder" for our forthcoming trip to Scotland and I have to say it looks ideal.

It's a beautiful yellow colour - more mustardy than on the website, but definitely a nice colour. I'd say it's a golden yellow in reality.




Because it's a compact it's nice and slim ...


Just look at the size of the rings!!


But it's going to be perfect for what I want to use it for. It's got plenty of credit-card slots inside the front cover which are going to be ideal for carrying tickets, frequent flier cards and other bits and pieces:


And I have to say the yellow-on-black combination is stunning. 

However this Filofax has one MAJOR issue. It doesn't lie flat ... in fact, it doesn't even come close to lying flat out of the box!


Yes, honestly. That is a picture take of me trying to lay it flat. This binder needs some serious training!


But I have to say it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely becoming a bit of a Finsbury addict as this is number 5 in my collection. But they're all beauties!




10 comments:

  1. Love the post. Where in Scotland are you heading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We're heading to the Glasgow area, first for a week in a cottage, then for another week or so staying with family. It's where I'm from and it's my parents' Golden Wedding anniversary, so lots of celebrations and catching up to do!

      Delete
  2. Your post is cute :) and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'd love to see a post on how you set up the holiday Filofax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerard. I'll definitely be updating on the set-up once I get it done.

      Delete
  4. Like your post, but the yellow seems darker then I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not quite the colour I expected - the difficulty of colours rendering on the internet, I guess. But it's beautiful all the same.

      Delete
  5. Lovely. I've never been to Scotland (on the bucket list though) and for some reason this color binder seems perfect for the holiday binder to Scotland. I think it will look stunning against all that tartan plaid and green rolling terrain!

    I just received my compact chameleon today and it doesn't lie flat either! My personal chameleon practically laid flat out of the box but the compact is a bit stubborn. I laughed when I saw your picture because my compact is is in 'time out' under office supplies at the moment too getting 'trained'. :-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scotland is beautiful! From the borders to the highlands and islands, it's just stunning. But I would say that as it's where my heart still is!! :)

      I hope your chameleon responds to training! I think the Finsbury is just about there, now! All these naughty compacts in Time Out! LOL!

      Delete
  6. While I like the look of the finsbury, I don't have one because it doesn't lay flat. (I used to have the pale blue one but gave it to a friend.). Same with the compact chameleon - it doesn't lay flat either, even after having used it for a while. I need my binders to lay flat. But both are great binders if that doesn't bother you too much.

    ReplyDelete