Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Hi-Tec-C Coleto Review

I have noticed recently, while watching some Filofax videos on YouTube, one certain pen continually gets talked about - the Hi-Tec-C Coleto. This is a multi-insert pen which is entirely customisable. The only drawback is that it doesn't seem to be available in Europe. However, a quick search on eBay revealed plenty for sale so I purchased 2 barrels and 15 inserts last month, and sat back to await their arrival.

I have to say that this is a fabulous little pen. I received 2 barrels, one in this pearlescent pink colour and another in a lime green with a rubber grip (not pictured).

This particular barrel holds 4 pen inserts as you can see from this picture, but they are also available in 2-, 3- and 5- versions.















All the instructions for setting up the pen were in Japanese! But fortunately there were little pictures next to each set of instructions which helped to guide me. Set up is really very simple. All you need to do is pop a cap on the top of the pen, insert your chosen refills, then close it again and you're ready to go!

 

As well as the different barrel sizes, the refills come in 0.3mm, 0.4mm and 0.5mm sizes, as well as including pencil inserts and erasers as well. The ink comes in 15 different colours too (in each of the sizes) so this pen really is well and truly customisable!

With 2 barrels each holding 4 inserts I now have 8 different coloured inks at my fingertips. The ones I'm currently using are:

The inks I still have remaining are: Pink, Apricot Orange, Black, Blue, Brown, Baby Pink and Green.

This pen also writes absolutely beautifully. It's a gel pen, but the ink colour is consistent and the nib is not in the least bit scratchy. I am absolutely in love with this pen and I think I will continue to scour eBay for refills until Pilot bring it upon themselves to release it in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment