Saturday, 18 August 2012

A Shocking Confession

I love my filofaxes, it's true. I am also a bit of a neat-freak, handwriting-wise, and never quite like how my writing looks. To my mind, computer generated text with its equal-height ascenders and descenders and evenly spaced letters looks much nicer than my scrawly handwriting. So it would seem that I would be the perfect candidate for a filo full of stickers - all nice and neat and uniform.

But ... I don't like stickers in my Filofax! I feel like I should and I do like them per se - my son barely gets a look in when we play with stickers! But in my filo they just look out of place. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the look of them.

I think washi tape may be my saviour in the sticker department as it's pretty, but functional and you can write on it too. But I have to say, day-to-day stickers just don't do it for me.

Am I the only girl without a filo full of stickers?!

15 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I'm in the same predicament! While I like to see what other people do in their filos with stickers, I can't see me using them. I do use washi paper (for index tabs- more colorful than the post-it ones, anyway, and more easy to write on) but stickers, no-no-no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washi tape is lovely! I really need to make more use out of my "collection"

      Delete
  2. Hello there!

    I don't use stickers at all. I never thought they looked pretty/cute in my filo (or in anyone's to be honest) so I stay away. Of course, I have plenty of washi tape, colorful tabs, colorful sticky notes, and colorful pens! So my filo definitely isn't in any way boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Alondra. You don't need to have stickers to have an "interesting" filofax!

      Delete
  3. I use label stickers for my diary and I love those and the occasional relevant page stickers..... like a poppy at the top of the Nov 11th page and a Christmas tree on Dec 25th etc. I used to use loads of stickers, but have compromised with labels now.... as stickers began to look like playschool had attacked my diary!!!
    I use the odd fun magnetic bookmark and sticker on my notes pages for fun now and a Dodo pad for my weekly menu plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same! I bought and tried, but just don't need them. So I stopped bothering and gave my filo stickers to my sister and mom. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put stickers all over my divider, then discovered I hate them! The divider is relegated to a drawer until I can find something to get the glue off (and leave the ruler marks on), and I'm making do with a nice, plain bit of plastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! If you're in the UK try Lakeland's "Sticky Stuff Remover". It works wonders on most things!

      Delete
    2. Thanks but I'm in NZ (about as far from the UK as humanly possible!) and haven't heard of that product. I keep meaning to have a look at the local hardware store, but haven't remembered to jot it down in my filo to remind me. The clear plastic is growing on me though, I think I'll keep it.

      Delete
  6. Don't use stickers at all myself. I recently bought the little circle ones to "try it out" but so far I've just used the little palm tree in the corner for the days that I am on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I find the Filofax circle ones a bit too see-through and they don't stand out enough. Having said that, I read Helen's post on Philofaxy this morning (http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/guest-post-helen-health-filofax.html) and I like the way she uses the plain circles for "motivation" in her health filo, so I might try that when and if I ever get a health and fitness filo up and running myself. Maybe all is not lost for stickers!

      Delete
  7. It looks like there are a few of us in the same boat, then!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, Debbie. I'm enjoying writing it and I'm just about keeping up with regular posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you regard post it notes as stickers?
    I do have a few from the tearaway range from paperchase, to mark birthadys and label notebooks, I tend not to put them in my filofax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think Post-Its are stickers. I tend to use quite a lot of those!! I had to look up the tearaway range, but they look very cute!

      Delete