Sunday, 12 August 2012

Inside my Personal Aqua Finsbury

I love my filofaxes! I have used them on and off since the 1990's, but always seem to come back to them. They're so flexible and customisable that there's endless possibilities for them.

This year I have mainly been using my A5 Imperial Purple Finsbury filofax which is an absolutely beautiful binder. Along with the time-management inserts it's been perfect for organising my home and university life. But now we're in the summer recess and things are a bit quieter I decided to downsize back to my Personal Aqua Finsbury which I bought from Filofax France last year. I think it's the only binder I've paid full price for, but it's a beauty.

Front cover:


These show the top and bottom views:



As it's a temporary Summer filo, it's not as full as it could be, but I've still managed to pack quite a lot in! This shot shows the front inside cover with lots of bits and pieces:

 I use the card slots to hold stamps, and behind that some papers I want to keep (tickets, etc),  a pen and a pencil. Under the transparent flyleaf there are some sticky notes and an envelope containing some paperclips.

It's a shame there's only one pen loop, but keeping extras in the front pocket seems to work fine.
Finally, inside the diary. As this is a mid-year set-up I didn't want to go out and buy a brand new insert, so I printed my own using one of the free diary inserts from Ray's blog, My Life All in One Place.

These work brilliantly printed on to Conqueror ultra smooth diamond white paper, then cut to size and punched.  The conqueror paper is a much better quality than the Filofax paper too, which makes it even better.

(Apologies for the dark pic!)







Along with the weekly diary I also have a month-to-view, notes pages, to-do sheets and a finance section to keep track of spending. I haven't transferred over my address information yet as I had intended to only use this set-up for the summer. But I have to say, going back to a personal filo is so nice, I'm tempted to make it my permanent binder. Well ... until I change my mind again!

So there we have it ... a quick look inside my summer Filofax. I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is one stuffed Finsbury you have there! I still can't quite get used to the paper size in a personal but you have made it look so functional. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I thought I was an A5 convert, but there's nothing quite like an over-stuffed personal filo! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely! Perfect summer color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovey binder. The colour is beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I guess you insert all your own sheets cuz you print them out and cut to size. How do you feel about that? I hate having to cut paper to size to fit a personal size organizer or any other size for that matter. I'm asking cuz I would love to be able to use a personal size FF but I find it so inconvenient to cut the pages to size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit the same. I like the end product, but the time it takes to print (and re-print mistakes!), guillotine and punch the individual sheets is just too much. Which is why, ultimately, I've gone back to my A5 which is perfect as I can print what I like and put it right in!

      Delete