Friday, 31 August 2012

London 2012 Line Burst Filofax

This week, Helen from the Philofaxy community wrote a guest post about how she uses her Line Burst Filofax as a health and fitness Filo.  I've been meaning to set one of these up for a while now, and the London 2012 Line Burst seemed the perfect binder to use. After a bit of investigating I discovered that Staples were selling the personal size for £4! That's an offer too good to miss, so after a bit of fighting with the online system, I ordered one to be delivered to my local store.

This is the first non-leather binder I have ever owned (to my recollection) and for £4 I wasn't expecting much - certainly nothing more than a cheap plastic binder that could be chucked around the gym! But I have to say that first impressions of the binder are much better than expected.


The colour is a vibrant pink - not necessarily the colour I would have chosen, but the only one they had left - with yellow elastic ties to secure the binder. The cover feels smooth and not unlike my Filofax Classic.

One of the biggest surprises is that this Filo lays flat out of the box, unlike my Compact Finsbury I blogged about yesterday.


Inside the yellow and pink combination continues, which again, is a little garish, but not too bad. There is only one pocket on the front inside cover, and one pocket on the back which, unusually, is open top and bottom!


Hopefully you can make that I've put the page marker in the pocket to show what I mean! Talking of the page marker, it's the beautiful London skyline marker which I must admit I've been coveting since I first saw the Line Burst Filofax. What a shame they don't come in A5 size!


The attention to detail is lovely. At the bottom of each diary page there is an Olympic fact and the logo on the left hand size, and then on the right, the London skyline logo again.

 

There are lots of non-standard inserts in the binder, including information and key facts about all the Olympic sports and fitness planner sheets.


There is information about the Olympic games, including the traditions of the ancient games and the birth of the modern ones, information on the torch relays, a rail map and a map of the olympic village itself.


There are even stickers with each of the olympic sport icons on it, and the London skyline logo again in sticker form.


The tabs that come with the binder are also non-standard. In this Filo there are 4 tabs - Plan, Play, Events, and My Games. These are obviously very Olympic-specific and will need renaming for when I come to set up the binder.


The attention to detail even extends to the front cover where there are two little divots for the elastic to sit into to keep it firm. As you can see, the stitching is absolutely perfect too!


Overall I am immensely impressed with this binder and for the money, I doubt you can get a better binder anywhere! Obviously a lot of the content is specific to the Olympic games, but this doesn't make it any less usable once the games finally come to a close in September.

If there are any left, I heartily recommend logging on to the Staples website ASAP and picking up this bargain!






2 comments:

  1. I agree A5 would have been nice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been lovely, but I guess there's no chance of them issuing one now!

      Delete