Sunday, 2 September 2012

Website Review - Stationeryart.com

I am absolutely loving using the Coleto pens that I blogged about recently. Unfortunately they're not available in the UK yet, so stocking up means scouring eBay or foreign websites. I recently found some on a website called Stationery Art and decided to give them a go.

Postage to the UK was only £3.20 which struck me as being excellent value in the first place. I know a lot of UK places that charge much more than that for postage, so I was impressed. The organisation itself is based in Hong Kong so I reckoned I'd be in for a long wait for the pens. However, only 7 days after placing my order, they dropped through my letterbox in perfect condition. Again, service that puts many UK-based companies to shame!

I really can't fault this company at all. The only danger is that their website is so tempting, you may end up spending more than you intended!!

3 comments:

  1. Heya, just wondering but did you have to pay customs duty for them? :) I'm really tempted to place an order but am worried about being charged extra by the greedy government ;D
    Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, didn't have to pay any customs charges. But I wouldn't like to say that was 100% gospel. I've ordered a few things from abroad recently that usually incur hefty charges and seemed to have slipped through. So I don't know if it's a lax post office here, or whether the rules have changed, or whether there are no charges! AFAIK the threashold is £18 so maybe keep your order under that level?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I ordered something from abroad a few months ago and it was ok - no customs charges or anything! But I have had to pay in the past (5 years ago though!). Not sure if it's worth the risk or not but I am tempted to just order anyway! Thanks :)

      Delete