Philofaxy recently ran a guest post from Helen about her Aston Personal Set up. It was a great post which was interesting for many reasons but the thing that really caught my eye was her insert for her "ideal week".
I always feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions. I have lots to do between being a masters student, a full-time mum, running the home, being asked to organise family parties, being the person who has to buy all the birthday and christmas presents and cards (and write and post them all!) and a million other day-to-day things that keep me busy. I feel like I should have enough time in the week to do everything, and have a bit of "me" time as well as quality time with my husband, but it never seems to work out that way. Which is why the idea of using an "ideal week" to timetable what I feel I should be doing and when I should be doing it really appealed.
Helen had included a link to the website which details the idea in full, so I investigated further. The post on Michael Hyatt's website made for very interesting reading, the key being to live your life "on purpose" rather than "by accident". Although I schedule my study time on a weekly basis, everything else is pretty much left to chance, trying to squeeze it in between one thing and another. This is one productivity tool I can really see working for me, and if I keep it in my Filofax where it's easily seen every day, so much the better!
Now I just need to find the time to be able to sit down and work out what my "ideal week" looks like!!
No comments:
Post a Comment