Saturday, 8 September 2012

Journalling



For the last few weeks, Ray from 'My Life All in One Place' has been running a series of posts called 'Journalling School' which has really got me thinking about starting a journal. I have started journals previously, but have never kept them up beyond a few days. But the hints and tips that Ray has been publishing have really been very useful in changing my way of thinking, and with the Philofaxers' 350/30 lists that began on the 1st of September requiring a daily entry, it's as good a time as any to get into the habit.

I bought myself a lovely purple-covered journal from Paperchase a couple of weekends ago and put aside some time to clean my favourite fountain pen and get it set up with some lovely purple ink to match the journal. I'm hoping that by having the right tools and by choosing things I like to work with, this will help ingrain the habit.

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic news. I'm just drafting the final sessions of the first term of Journalling School (it will finish with session twelve.) It's really motivating to hear that it is making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is making a difference, Ray. I've been a bit lax over the last few days. But time to get back to it!

      Delete